HICX is a quickly growing company that sells enterprise supplier management software. We are based primarily in London but with satellite offices in Dubai, Athens and Chicago. This role will be UK based.
The culture of the company is very much in line with the startup world. Table football, social drinks at impromptu moments and taking time to celebrate the big wins as a team. That said, this is all backed up by hard work and making sure our customers are happy at all times. We want to be the best and in order to do that we need to stay ahead of our competition.
The plan is to grow by at least 100% year on year. Disrupting the technology market one new customer at a time.
As a new position within the company, the UX designer will have an opportunity to bring design thinking and practice to a complex software product for a very specialised industry. The UX designer will determine pain points in the customer experience, coordinate and oversee all user testing, prioritise updates and create metrics around product changes. This is a rare opportunity to join a company where you will be able to structure and manage the design process with oversight from a C-level executive.
The role is appropriate for mid- and senior-level designers and is a non-management position.
- Lead all aspects of the design process. There is emphasis in this role on design research and testing. You will be responsible for creating a strategic design process that puts customer issues first. Your process will allow you to champion user needs because of a strong focus on research, testing, and overall product strategy.
- Execute product evolution. You will develop user interaction and interface deliverables, including sketches, wireframes, and visual designs at various levels of fidelity.
- Communicate design priorities to C-level executives and engineers. Strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills are critical to this role. You will need to communicate the value of design within an engineering and business context. It’s critical that your process allows you to identify and prioritize tradeoffs in the product.
- Collaborate with non-design teammates. You will need to closely collaborate with engineers and analysts in order to build prototypes for user research, using low- to high-fidelity techniques. You will also work closely with engineers and product managers to deploy site changes.
- Develop and create buy-in for a design system. In order to succeed in this position, you are comfortable creating design systems, including pattern libraries and style guides, for use by engineers and other non-designers. You know that for design to scale in an organization, there must be documentation.
- Organize and lead multiple projects.
- 3-5 years of UX or interaction design experience with emphasis on the delivery of digital products.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in human computer interaction, design, or related area preferred.
- Fluent in Sketch; Illustrator; Photoshop; and on-screen prototyping tools.
- Ability to articulate a clear point of view, tradeoffs and strategy for product design decisions.
To apply to this position, you must submit a portfolio. The content of your portfolio should demonstrate your ability to think strategically about a problem at a high level and execute on the details required to deliver a project.