Business Development Executive (BDE)
HICX is a quickly growing company that sells enterprise supplier management software. We are based primarily in London but with satellite offices in Dubai, Athens and Chicago. This role will be UK based.
The culture of the company is very much in line with the startup world. Table football, social drinks at impromptu moments and taking time to celebrate the big wins as a team. That said, this is all backed up by hard work and making sure our customers are happy at all times. We want to be the best and in order to do that we need to stay ahead of our competition .
The vision is to grow by at least 100% year on year. Disrupting the technology market one new customer at a time.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the BDE role will be to assist the Sales and Marketing team by attracting and qualifying prospects that may be evaluating or considering purchasing HICX’s software. The BDE will also promote seminars, corporate events and selected marketing events. The BDE will work with marketing to generate leads and follow-up, as well as collaborate on targeted campaigns and that will increase awareness. Ultimately, this role is all about sales and supporting the momentum that HICX has.
- Identify, qualify and develop new business opportunities with prospects in order to achieve and exceed the sales quota.
- Generate opportunities from a list of target accounts within the region by calling direct on target accounts as well as responding to inbound leads.
- Suggest and support the implementation of sales and marketing campaigns targeted at specific segments.
- Work jointly with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop a plan to meet and exceed the sales quota.
- Promote the company’s image in the marketplace.
Your current skill set will include:
- Entry level experience in a business development or lead generation function.
- Experience in the procurement/supply chain sector – is ideal but not 100% necessary – Finance or Accounts would also be positive.
- Results oriented with a commitment to exceed individual goals.
- An enthusiastic and hardworking people person.
- Able to assert with influence and persuasion.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to make autonomous, clear and comprehensive decisions to achieve goals.